Written and performed February 2014
Cauldron of water
1 large white candle with 2 wicks or 3 white candles.
Set up the elemental altar as normal. The white candle should be unlit in the center of the circle. The cauldron should sit beside it on the Goddess side.
- Stand at the North of the circle and say:
“The Lady is stirring, gently awakened from frozen slumbers. We have awaited the return of the Maiden and with her the promise of spring.”
- Approach the east of the circle. Hold the symbol of Air before you and say:
“Powers of Air, the Maiden Returns! Enter and bring with you the scent of spring and life reborn.
- Approach the South of the circle. Hold the symbol of fire before you and say:
“Powers of Fire, the Maiden Returns! Enter and bring with you the warmth of light that feeds the catalyst of life’s growth”
- Move to the West, Hold the symbol for the symbol of water and say.
“Powers of Water, the Maiden Returns! Enter bringing with you the fresh water of the melted snow that revitalizes us, during this time of Returning Life.”
- Approach the North of the circle. Hold the symbol of Earth before you and say:
“Powers of Earth, the Maiden Returns! Enter bringing with you the land stirs in anticipation of winters waning.”
Using the Athamé face East, center yourself and begin to cast the Circle by visualizing a white light of protection at its tip. Walk clockwise in a circle directing the light in a circular trail.
When you return to the East bring the athamé back to you and say: “As above, so below.”
As you say this, visualize the light going above you and below you forming a perfect sphere.
Take time to meditate or preform any working needed.
Release the element with thanks in a counter clockwise order.